Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Creator vs. God

I just sat in on an 8th grade social studies class in which the teacher told the kids they get their rights from their "Creator", like it says in the Declaration of Independence.

Now, the interesting thing is..this teacher went on to claim that he prefers to use the term "Creator" in school because "God" is too religious.

I tried to keep my face from doing one of these: 0_o

Honestly, I'm not even sure I agree that there is a superficial semantic difference between "Creator" and "God" let alone an ACTUAL difference. Why do people still think that they're avoiding saying something religious when they say "Creator"? Do they think the word "God" is the actual NAME of their Christian(tm) god?

Am I missing something here? Seriously...am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment